Thursday 8 February 2018

Historically Home-less

Prudently I cannot say much about it, but for reasons I will not go into, I have very few clean clothes,  and Benedict Ambrose and I have to live somewhere else for at least a week.

(Pause while I run for an enormous "Tłusty Czwartek" [Fat Thursday, i.e. beginning of Carnival] doughnut.)

My home office is a little closed-door island of sanity in an environment suddenly gone upside down.   The accident-to-the-system we have feared for almost ten years has happened, and we say things like, "Well, at least it wasn't a fire" and "It could have been worse" and "If it had to happen, it happened in the best possible way."

Someone suggested it happened because I wrote this, and the devil was mad.

P.S. Sugar is evil, but not on Tłusty Czwartek.

P.S.2 I'm afraid my best clothes have been ruined, but as they still haven't dried out (!), I can't yet tell how many.

On the one hand, thank heavens it wasn't the books. On the other hand, clothes are necessary to life.

Would you be mad or glad if you suddenly lost 50% of your (already Kondo-ized) wardrobe?

5 comments:

  1. Prayers for you both - and here's hoping the joy of pączki today helps make the trials that are going on just a little bit lighter...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I blame them for making me both stupid and prone to bursting into tears when booking a hotel. Maybe sugar is evil EVEN on Tlusty Czwartek!

      Delete
  2. Yes, I would be boiling mad if half of my carefully collected wardrobe was lost! Once, in a insect related incident I lost a third of all my winter wardrobe - devastating.

    Prayers for a peaceful resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, very mad! Because replacing clothes is not only a financial burden. If you do not like/fit in the current fashion, it can be quite frustrating to find the right items at all!
    Prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! Sorry to hear of this misfortune. I remember an elderly relative who liked to tell me that I couldn't wear books when I was younger. Prayers that you can get back home and hopefully without as much loss a feared.

    ReplyDelete